Job Opportunity at CSIRO
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Modelling of Crop Establishment
New job opening at CSIRO for an enthusiastic post-doc! Model the soil temperature, water and strength dynamics in the surface soil as it affects crop establishment from deep sowing long coleoptile wheat or long hypocotyl canola.
- Critiquing and proposing improved ways of representing or parameterising the processes that affect surface soil water and temperature dynamics in agricultural systems
- Collating, formatting and managing data sets on surface soil water and temperature dynamics so they can be used in testing new simulation capacity or parameterisation procedures in APSIM NextGen.
- Working with the project teams to quantify through simulations the dynamics of surface soil water, temperature and soil strength as it relates to seedling establishment.
- Recognising opportunities for innovation and generate new theoretical perspectives by pursuing new ideas/approaches and networking with research colleagues across a range of disciplines
- Communicating results to scientific peers and stakeholders through publications, workshops, demonstrations, etc.
- Applications Close: 28 July 2023, 11:00pm AEST
- See https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Canberra%2C-ACT-CSIRO-Postdoctoral-Fellowship-in-Modelling-of-Crop-Establishment/941291810/ for more information and how to apply
Coming up next: